Saturday 4 February 2017

Romantically & Truly Yours

After fifteen years and four months, I took a bow from Tata AIG to pad up again to begin a new innings. This long tenure saw me take on multiple roles and so it was difficult to write a farewell note to all the people who had given me so much joy. Sharing with you, the last mail set in four parts for each of my four major stints in Marine Insurance, Business Head for Mumbai Zone, Agency Head and finally setting up the Tata AIG Academy & CSR functions.

Romantically & Truly Yours

A decade and half ago
I was young and she was younger
And we fell in love
Madly, head over heels.
But I was just a sailor then
And she was one with a great parentage
But love’s blind and so were we
Every day I would rush early morn
To meet her, to be with her as long as I could
Every night, I would dream of her.
Slowly the lowly sailor rose up the ranks
The small flotilla became big
Reaching out from brown waters into the blue ocean
And I became the Admiral of her formidable armada
Always on Her Majesty’s Service.
In my diary wrote, Happiness is on the move.















They grounded the admiral to command the sea fortress
Bom’ hai, safe harbor it was to Portuguese
T’was a beautiful place
With even more beautiful people
Every day my love grew stronger
As I did my Experiments with Truth
That Happy People Work Harder for Better Results
Started writing Postes to her
Sending them through Pigeons
Giants in America collapsed
The Taj was put on fire
But we stood firm
Went from strength to strength
Our romance peaked
We celebrated Jalsa, Town Halls and more
Wrote down in my diary, Life’s Truly Beautiful.















War was in the air
And I got to lead the famous 300 Spartans
Braver than the bravest
Fighting day and night
On coldest climes of north
To the wettest parts of west and east
To the southernmost parts of the country
We fought battles every day and every hour
Won some, lost some
But came back again to win back lost grounds
Found many a Hum Mein Hai Hero
Took many a Giant Step
She watched me fight, battered and scarred
The spirit still remained high
She too stood by me in lows and highs.
Wrote a war cry in my diary, Hulla Bol.














A new chapter began in our lives
She wanted me to don a new robe
She wanted me to reach out to people who needed help
She also wanted me to be a Sensei
And so I walked into a new life
Brick by brick, program by program
We built the school at home
Soon became the best in land
And we built toilets, hospitals and schools for others
A model village to show, volunteering in numbers
We did it all
But happiest was I sending her posts
Every Budhwaar she would hear from me
Became a Giani to my loving Peeku
And in my diary I wrote, Knowledge Always.















Finally get reminded of a Beatles song…
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay
Suddenly I’m not half the man I used to be…
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh I believe in yesterday….

But I must say it has been a loving experience made better by all the loving people here. All I can say is thank you, thank you and thank you all. Thankful of the love I got, grateful for the support you gave me, value your company and friendship and appreciate all those acts of kindness and forgiveness you showered on me. Couldn’t have come so far, done so much without you. Indebted to you for life. You are the source of what I am today be it knowledge, character or spirit.

Today the saddest of all is me as I walk out of this gate of my love of long one last time.

Accha Chalta Hoon, Duaaon Mein Yaad Rakhna.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While a lot of employees wrote back, there were two management trainees whose lines are also given below. Hope you enjoy their touching responses.
Pooja & Devki with Giani
Bon Voyage..
A simple man who walks with smile & a cause,
He met young souls one day to greet & talk.
Instant respect earned it was,
Dedication, Passion & Discipline he spoke with a pause.
A man of words he is,
Weaves stories & tales fascinating every heartbeat..
His affair with history is very well known,
His captivating stories are always reread & retold..
Be it the world of Zulfi & Rabya’s  Bamiyan Valley,
or Amina’s romance near the ‘Same Old Tree’..
His writings help you discover Life & human emotions,
‘Ziddi’ or Gum Bahadur’s ‘Rang de Basanti’,
He tells you, “Life is not at all being senti!!”
A robe of humor he wears,
For every soul, he cares.
A master story-teller was a master sailor too,
As captain of many ships, he brilliantly sailed through.
Smile he brings to every soul he interacts,
Humility is a facet of his persona that attracts.
Positivity one finds when he walks around,
In Uncle Giani, a cool dad this Peeku found!
Calmness comes, talking to you when mind & heart aren’t sound,
Chalte, Chalte mera ye geet yaad rakhna.. we’ll meet again because ‘ The World is Round…’

Miss You Sir!
As you set the sails and get hauled away,
These are the few words I would love to say,
“A great teacher, a friend and a guide,
This journey with you was like a wonder ride.
Thank you for your kindness, love and care,
You are a gem ‘so precious and rare’.
Though it’s hard to bid adieu,
Still I wish good luck to you.
May your  journey be filled with more adventure,
As you enjoy your new venture.
Stay blessed Always,
All the best in the coming days!”.

WE WILL MISS YOU SIR!!!!
You will always be remembered in our prayers.

LAST WORD: What is common to Rajni Sir and me? We both have fan clubs….A group of colleagues created a SFC or Sibesh Fan Club and they wrote a beautiful letter to Debi & Mrittika. The letter is very personal and so will not inflict pain upon you to read it, just sharing a small paragraph which makes  me feel blessed.

Envelope with thumb impressions of Club Members & the Cover
The Letter
“I think it would be nigh impossible to find a person in Tata AIG whose life has not been touched by Sibesh in some way. There are good leaders and then there are great leaders. Sibesh belongs to the latter tribe and it has been a pleasure to see him lead the teams he was responsible for ……his teams know that he is right there with them, giving them space to grow unhindered …..that is why teams under him are happy teams and come to work with a smile. Today when he steps out of Tata AIG, he leaves behind a legacy of goodness and positivity…”


SS

25 comments:

  1. Loved it. Every word true... But like every sailor, hoist your sails again and be ready to chart course as yet uncharted in command of a new ship...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Master blaster Sibesh, you have evoked goodness in everyone who were a part of your journey. Look at the amount of people who have written for you, every word comes from the heart and you have actually made poets of ordinary people. Love and Respect to you always. For all the knowledge, belief in people like us and goodness you have spread around, you may proudly take a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Morning Sir. Each and every word written by all is absolutely pure and truth. Basically there is no words in the Dictionary which can describe your greatness towards us and society.
    Sir, sirf Dua hi nahin Hum hamesha, har pal apko yaad rakhenge. In fact nahin bhul sakte.
    Thanks a lot once again for everything you did for us and for the society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what makes everything worthwhile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flash back to my 1st interaction with Ashish Boss at Tata AIG, he said I would be reporting to Sibesh Sen - bhagwan ka aadmi hai and should be fortunate to work with him. Very true in every sense and you have been that way all these years Sir. You are a great leader!!! Your reputation will always precede you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The success I've had in my career is due in no small part to your support, teaching and encouragement. I appreciate you so much and value everything that I have learned from you.

    Thanks for being our manager and role model. We appreciate all the knowledge and skills you've imparted in Academy Sensei Team and created a institution that you will feel proud about. Your attitude to give back to society and helping everyone who had come to you will be biggest personal learning for me.

    We would like to say that you’re the best boss we could ever have dreamed of working with.
    Thanks for being a great leader, mentor and great person.

    Hemant Gandhe
    SFC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sibeshda..it was really a touching tribute to u from your two colleagues and SFC
    AND how beautifully u hv described yr 4 roles and assignments

    Bangalir ashray Rabindranather bhashay likhchi tomay:
    "Tomari modhur rupey bhoreycho bhubon,
    Tomar choron koreychey boron nikhiljon"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..so much love.. today only Prakash Kandari was mentioning about the emails you would write every month and how wonderful and motivating they were. I got the opportunity to read some which are still saved by him. We are so lucky that's it's our chance now to be able to work with you now and to be able to learn all goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sibesh! You are blessed indeed and hope you stay blessed in your future endeavours! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful innings SS but the story just gives a fleeting glimpse of what you did for TATA AIG. God bless you to play a lovable captain to another ship, a bawarchi to another home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A truly great mentor, hard to find… impossible to forget… we will miss you sir

    Regards
    Amanjeet Singh

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly great mentor, hard to find… impossible to forget… we will miss you sir

    Regards
    Amanjeet Singh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hail Leonidas....Proud to have worked with you and congratulations for a memorable journey...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each n every word take us the tour of your journey.. the emotions is defined so well .. just loved it... blessed to have a mentor like u... thanks a lot for all your encouragement and guidance at every step ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sir, your belief in people you led made you an inspiring leader..You were a people's man...A man of words,A man of honour...Cheers to all the goodness you spread across entire spectrum of people ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting, absorbing and inspiring account. Thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though we are past the British age let me take the liberty to call you Sir Sibesh Sen..!! Your invaluable contributions to the organisation & they way you rose to the top in TAGIC will be remembered for long. But the creativity in you, the ability to inspire people in all age n experience bands, the lasting impression that you leave just after the first meeting with you, the way you turn any event into a gala celebration just with a mic in your hand and the way you have touched the hearts & minds of every single colleague working there are some of the many traits you have that sets you apart from other great leaders n for which you will be treasured in our hearts n minds forever. I would love to see my path crossing yours someday n may that be soon. All the best sir for a new innings..!!
    Lucky are those whose lives are going to be touched & changed forever by getting a chance to work with Sir Sibesh Sen..!! Let me close this with some words of wisdom that is apt for someone of your stature.

    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time... - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

    Warm Presonal Regards,
    Sangeet Gaurav

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great leader, writer, reader, motivator, mentor, friend, listener, humble, caring......List simply goes on & on for a wonderful person like you. Thank you for role you played in our life & taught some important lessons. We will remain in touch. Enjoy your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sibesh, some day when we meet, I will recite a few lines of Go pimp Dandapani by Dr. Ayyappa Panicker. I don't have words to express my feelings. Only that some people are born to do great things...(avatar lakshya) for which they were born. God finds ways to set them back on course.... to fresh seas and pastures new. George.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Microsoft has never annoyed me more.. The poem is "Gopika Dandakam" by Dr. Ayyappa Panicker.
    George.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Guess i am part of SFC too!
    You are truly God's special creation. One who is always smiling and ready to help!
    Wish you lots of success for your new venture too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple soul..Great mind and very kind and helpful these are only words..Whatever little I know you..I can firmly make my opinion that you are a true leader
    Welcome sir!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simple soul..Great mind and very kind and helpful these are only words..Whatever little I know you..I can firmly make my opinion that you are a true leader
    Welcome sir!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You Sir is synonymous to inspiration for many, no matter how little or life time spent in your leadership. Still feel you are accessible and there for us.

    ReplyDelete