Sunday 10 January 2021

The Search

Exhausted…

Tired, burnt, broken, drained, fatigued,
Weary, weakened, depleted…
Searching for some rest
From the madness
From the never ending work
From the drudgery of the days, months and years
Yes I am searching for some rest.
Are you too?

Edgy…

With too many things constantly on mind
Feel edgy, anxious, restless,
Unsettled, fidgety, troubled
Searching for some calmness
From all the running
From all the responsibilities
From one fear to another
Yes I am searching for some calmness
Are you too?

Empty…

Seems the world’s getting so lonely
You often feel alone, lost, confused
Puzzled, hopeless, aimless, detached
Searching for love
Love of friends
Love of family
Love of life
Life of togetherness
Yes I am searching for some love
Are you too?

Tumult…

With so much noise and clamour all around
Racket, uproar, din, shouting
Commotion, clatter, pandemonium
Searching for some peace
A walk in the garden
Listening to the birds tweet
Getting drenched in the rains
Deaf to what the world may say
Yes I am searching for some peace around
Are you too?

Uncertainty…

There is an unpredictability, apprehensiveness, dilemma
Fickleness, unreliability, hesitancy, indecisiveness
Volatility in everything and everywhere in the world
Searching for some stability
The ship reaching the shore braving the waves
The soldier coming home from the battlefield
The doctor and the cure reaching on time
Yes I am searching for some certainty
Are you too?

Dishonesty…

Who do you trust all around
People slippery, deceitful, unreliable
Treacherous, unscrupulous, unprincipled
Searching for honesty
Not one with dagger to thrust
Friends and true colleagues unafraid of each other
When love is true
Where words mean the same to all
Yes I am searching for honesty
Are you too?

Greed….

There is a never ending race for more
More money, more houses, more cars
More clothes, more things to show
Materialism, money grabbing, gluttony
An unending appetite for more
Searching for generosity
To share bread with the hungry
To share smile with the sad
To share a blanket with the homeless
Yes I am searching for generosity
Are you too?

The End

In searching for the elusive rest, calmness, love, peace
Certainty, honesty and generosity
To bring back spark, smile and simplicity
Am I searching for the Unknown
Am I searching for the Elusive
Am I searching for the Unexplainable
Yes but not in the temples of brick and mortar
But within
He must reside within me
I must find him within me
My search is unending
My search must continue
I am searching
I will find him…
Bit by bit
Day by day
I am searching
Are you too?

SS

13 comments:

  1. Overwhelmed yes at times .....
    Searching for stability and sensitivity

    ReplyDelete
  2. True but why this excessive sense of despondency on a Sunday morning? VUCA mind in a VUCA world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world and life many a times these days looks like what you described.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Sibesh.
    The search must go on , slowly we will realise that all is within

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb sir, simplicity is the best principle yet we all are complicating and making everything around us complex. I am searching and I will find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true Sir! !
    All illusions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good One Sir, This is never ending race for Money, Fame, Nd Many More thing. Very well pointed Sir

    ReplyDelete
  8. How eloquently put!! Touches that chores in each of us. Meditation, prayers, gestures, reaching out.. There's not enough of the good things and acts it seems. Tell you what this reminds me of .. Cataract of Lodore

    Mastery and turn of phrase on beautiful display and more importantly sensitivity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very well written Sir. It’s Superb expression and yes I am searching too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sibesh ji,
    So true for a kind of person like me, entering Mumbai, from a place where things were very clear and serene. Kudos for your timely words. Salute!.

    ReplyDelete