Saturday 24 April 2021

Ode to April Rains and Desires

 

I want to see the Northern lights

I want to watch the sun set on the Grand Canyon

I want to stand atop Machu Pichu

I want to cycle around Amsterdam

I want to walk the streets of Paris

I want to witness the Great Migration

I want to go to Pondicherry with my girls

I want to go for my best friend’s wedding

I want an April rain to come more often

I want to go home

I want to go home without a test

I want to go home without the fear of a false report

I want to breathe without a filter

I want to breathe without using up oxygen

I want to breathe without being conscious

I want to read Bombay Times

I want to read news without numbers

I want to read news, not new guidelines

I want to get a call from an old friend

I want to get a call, not a plea

I want to get a call that I can answer

I want to talk like ‘how are you’ is a formality

I want to laugh at memes without knowing they are true

I want to share a joke without the sliver of cynicism

I want to cut the bad and sew the good

I want to do what I was meant to do

I want to hold the scalpel, not the certificate

I want to sweat from exhaustion, not from a plastic suit

I want to treat, not test

I want to feel the thrill, not search for pulse

I want to give a hug, not face the hate

I want to deliver a drug, not drive a madness

I want to keep the coat white, not wager it in black

I want to ignore the scratch in my throat, it must be from screaming hoarse

I want to know if people heard me, or did the election rally drown it again

I want to see the coverings over nose and mouth, not blindfolds and blinkers

I want to fight what is wrong, not fail with it

I want to dream, not dread

I want to add to my bucket list, not scratch things out

I want to wait for new beginnings, not for an end

But I think I just want to confess

That I am guilty of wanting too much.




(The views expressed are not an individual's but of doctors around the country breaking down under the collapsing healthcare and gross misjudgement of priorities.)


MS

18 comments:

  1. May your dreams come true, M Sen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poignant! A BIG salute to all doctors

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you and this world, be relieved of the stress and strain brought on by the big C soon . . .and do all the things and live all the dreams . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well articulated... And yes definitely recommend Pondicherry... It's true paradise....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sacrifices of our health care workers will be remembered for a long time to come, words fail our gratitude. Pray these wants become a reality soon, the blessings of the nation is with your fraternity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sacrifices of our health care workers will be remembered for a long time to come, words fail our gratitude. Pray these wants become a reality soon, the blessings of the nation is with your fraternity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful poem! The desires that we have are small and maybe very ordinary... But oh, were have pushed them to the realms of the almost unachievable in the near future. But the beauty of your song is dating to sing it.. Not a Swansong.. No, not by a long stretch. Just a hope and very real dreams. May all of them come true.. Each one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many or most of us also wish for the same..
    These words should be the lyrics of some MJ song..

    ReplyDelete
  9. U wrote your mind so beautifully! It resonates.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes the doctors and the medical fraternity needs a break badly . Brave set of god sent professionals ( Farishtay)

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is on the Earth as a Doctor. God Bless them

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is what is our mind, heart is longing..MS, u have really pen down the fact..Hope v all come out this situation as early as possible.
    Pinky D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully expressed Mritika.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true! Always love your style of expressing your thoughts. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well written.. hope we all come of out if this situation very soon.. salute to the sacrifices made by all medical fraternity, police and other warriors..🙌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'Little' things every human took for granted, on this beautiful Earth, are no longer 'little'! We probably needed to learn a 'little' lesson. Sad thing is pessimism, suffering, anxiety and death is now taking over...
    Well written, as always! Amen, to your wants! May the Rains wash away all our miseries .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicely articulated. It reflects what everyone of us feel right now. Being able to just live a normal life, no yearning for riches or opulence but just being able to live.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sentiments well expressed. Hope the day comes early when our COVID warriors can breathe normally. God bless you all.
    This further shows how fortunate the rest of us are, in the safe confines of our homes.
    Just a responsible behavior and concern for the warriors is the need of the hour.

    ReplyDelete